Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Comics being serious? yeah right!

Test this idea out by interviewing five people to see what their answers are to the question "Do you think it's possible to take comics seriously?"

From my own point of view I really cant take comics seriously. I was just brought up by my parents to know that comics are exposed to be funny. I can remember way back when I was young my father and mother would read me the comics out of the newspaper. I would crack up every time.
I interviewed My roommates and my parents. My roomie Ryan said, " No, I could never take them serious, I laugh at all the funny little pictures." Kenny, my other roomie said "I could take it serious if it was for a grade, but if I was just to look at them I would just laugh because they are made to be funny."My roomie Charlie said " heck no, I used to love reading comics for a good laugh, I always have thought they were funny." Pretty much all of my roommates said they can not take comics seriously, for the same simple reason as they all said, they grew up learning that comics were exposed to be funny.
The parents on the other hand had a different response. They asked me if it was for class, I said yes, and then they said, " you better take it seriously." They said, " we always taught you to think they were funny, but in this case you better taken them seriously even if they are funny."
My parents view was just to take school seriously. But I know deep down they think that comics are made to be funny!

No comments: