Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Magazine Cover 2

Examine some magazine covers for ways in which they combine words and images..\

I think this magazine cover is putting pictures and words together great. The main picture is a woman in a pair of pants that are twice her size. The text on the picture says "Half Her Size". This picture and word combo seems to sum it all up well. The girl went on a diet and lost about half her weight. I really don't think the text is all that true. I don't think the girl weighs 95 pounds. In the small text above the main picture it says, Donna lost 95 pounds.. SO this means that if she lost half her weight she only weighs 95 pounds and I doubt that. I also don't even think that the lady in the picture really was ever fat. In class Mr.Thompson said something about her having loose skin on her neck, I think the loose skin comes with her age. Donna was probably just a model hired to take the picture. I really don't think if someone lost 95 pounds her body would be that smokin.. HA HA. She would have way more loose skin in her mid section. In all I think that the magazine cover is pretty much fake, But this magazine does have some good smaller article topics.

No comments: