Tuesday, January 23, 2007

rhetoric response

Rhetoric response
1. Can you recall an occasion on which someone tried to persuade you of something? What was it, how did they try to accomplish it, and what were the results?

Yes, when I get my oil changed in my car every time the worker try’s to persuade me into getting the more expensive oil, or they try and tell me that I should upgrade to a more efficient oil filter. They tell me that it would make my car run so much better and keep it going for more miles. I always turn it down because I know it won’t do much for my car and I know they are just trying to get more money out of me.
One more example would be when I was buying my new T.V. they were trying to get me to buy a plasma flat screen instead of just a flat screen. They were also telling me that it was a better deal for the bigger T.V. They did persuade me this time, I ended up getting the plasma flat screen but I did not get the bigger one.

No comments: